Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fashion Week Day One: Where To Buy My Look!

DAHLINGS -


Forgive the quality of the photographs, they were snapped in haste when I ran home to change clothes for this evening's activities! (More on today's activities to come later...first I need clean shoes and a cocktail.)

Here is my Fashion Week Day One ensemble:

The "Mad Men" 1950s cotton wiggle dress is from my personal collection.

The Ros Hommerson purple leather shoes can be found at http://www.zappos.com/

The Coro pink and purple rhinestone baguette earrings will be listed after Fashion Week at my store on (ugh) Ebay.


But what makes the look is the HAT! Despite a hair disaster this morning (I ran to Blondi's Salon only to find that Anthony "doesn't do glam hair"!!!!) I put on this delightful hat. All day I received compliments on it all over and around the tents AND was photographed numerous times, including backstage at the Ports 1961 show!


This beautiful coiled piece was created by Ellen Christine of Ellen Christine Millinery, and is from her Fall 2009 collection! (It was supposed to be worn with a fluffier hairstyle, but no matter, a great hat is a great hat, and I will certainly wear it again before this week is out!).

Her work can be seen in The September Issue, playing at theaters now. Grace Coddington picked the hats for the 1920s spread herself, and Ellen Christine has created hats for many celebrities and fashion insiders. I feel honored to wear one of her hats. It will be back at her store after Fashion Week, but that's no reason not to pick up a dainty or two NOW!

http://www.ellenchristine.com/

Ciao,
Elisa & Bucky the Wonderdog

1 comment: